Sunday 4 August 2013

An Ode To My Best Friend

Today I recount a song unsung
Of something,that,when I was young
Changed my life in such a drastic way
That I will fail,though I try,in any attempt to repay

It is not something that people consider great
But people do not understand the ways of fate
For me,it is greater than the sun that shines
And is more than it seems if you read between the lines

It is,be warned for the shock may crush
The bond between me and an extraordinary Paintbrush
You may laugh and mock,but listen to me
My Paintbrush was magical-lifelike was she

She was petite,but elegant nonetheless
And it wasn't her looks,but her qualities that did impress
She did more than transfer paint to paper
She was a close,terrific friend-A life-shaper

She was always there for me
Whether it was to listen to my rants and musings patiently
Or splatter colour when I needed a laugh 
She was my better half

And still is-for such a bond did she and I create
That it still exists to this date
My feelings for her are so strong, there's nothing I can say
Except that I love you ,my dear paintbrush,and with you forever I'll stay


PS-this was my first attempt at poetry-I hope it wasn't too bad!Let me know what you think :)
PPS-For those of you who are looking at your computer screens in a confused manner:Plot Twist-The poem is a metaphor for the bond I share  with my actual best friend-Her name means paintbrush
That's always been an opportunity for me to make fun of her-but this time it's inspiration for a poem :)

And,as personally requested by the paintbrush herself,here is a picture of her ^



No comments:

Post a Comment